Monday, April 4, 2011

Dreams

I am not one for having good dreams. I'm pretty sure that during high school I only had one good dream. It wasn't great, but it wasn't a nightmare or a dream where you end up being more exhausted and stressed out than you were before you fell asleep like my normal dreams were. Here are my worst, oddest, and most recent dreams.

  1. Worst. I don't remember much about the beginning or end of this dream, but I remember running away from someone trying to hurt me. Then I come into this room which is completely dark except for a museum-like display case in the middle of the room that is lit. Inside is the dog that I had grown up with and who mysteriously disappeared one weekend while my sister and I were visiting our dad. He was in a snowy environment and standing on three legs while holding up his front right leg. He was missing his paw. The leg that he was holding up had blood coming from it though not flowing as it was frozen. Then a few inches in front of him lay his missing paw, also bloody with a bullet sticking out of it. I had that dream several times when I was younger and it only stopped reoccurring when I had told someone about it. (If you're wondering, he was a Shetland Sheepdog--which are in fact different from Collies/"Lassie dogs.")

  2. Oddest. When I was little I dreamt I was on the roof of a building with my aunt (who is actually very close to my age). She had a litter of golden retriever (or yellow lab--I'm no expert) puppies climbing all over her and playing with her. I called out to her to ask if I could play with one and she ignored me. She then stood up and threw a puppy (like a Frisbee) to my sister who had been standing on the ground.  She jumped higher than natural and caught it.They both laughed and continued to do so as I fell to the ground.

  3. Last night's/this morning's dream which had me awake at 3:(something) am and I couldn't sleep again until my husband had gotten up--I think it's an issue of feeling safer with an active conscious in the house--at 6:40. I was in my grandparents' old house and was myself, but I was also Rory Gilmore from the "Gilmore Girls." Logan Huntzberger was there as well trying to use tactics probably seen in every soap opera/psychopath's dream world to make me bend to his will and also stay with him. He had kidnapped my real-life sister (who incidentally was also Lorelei Gilmore) and was going to harm her if I didn't play along with his demands and act like we were the perfect couple. Somehow he had caused a major accident and had all it set up to frame me AND he would hurt my sister/Lorelei if everything didn't go to his liking. (Maybe this is my oddest dream??) For a moment he had left and I tried calling 911, but they were completely unresponsive. Somehow I rescued my sister and at this point she stops being herself and Lorelei because she's wrapped in blankets recovering while Lorelei and Luke Danes are locking up Logan (after Luke has fought him some and I've hit him over the head repeatedly with a pipe). They leave to get the police and while they are gone he breaks free. As he is coming at me with a very evil look on his face I contemplate pouring acid on the floor so he can't get to me. (Mind you I have no clue where I was going to get the acid.) I decide that won't work and see that he's turned into Paris Geller though I still call him (?) Logan--not sure which pronoun I should use here. He (?) walks up to me and I place both hands on the side of his (?) face and then snap his neck. I decide to snap it again, but in the other direction in case it doesn't take the first time. Then somehow I know that either way won't have worked and he'll (?) be rousing any moment. I then wake up.


As you can tell, I'm probably certifiable and should be enjoying a room with comfy walls any day now. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I've been having the most bizarre dreams lately too! Just can't seem to shake them! (Found you through Debbie Barr's blog, hope you don't mind a new stalker!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I don't mind a new stalker..as odd as that sounds..but my blog is actually at thesepagesarenotforyou.com. I thought about using blogspot, but it didn't work out. :-)

      Delete